The Citizens' Advisory Committee (CAC) provides recommendations to the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission General Manager and the Board of Supervisors regarding the agency's long-term strategic, financial and capital improvement plans.
The CAC is comprised of 17 appointees. Each member of the Board of Supervisors may appoint one member who must be a resident of his or her supervisory district. Candidates must demonstrate one or more of the following qualifications: represent a community, business, environmental, or environmental justice organization, or have demonstrated knowledge, skill or experience in a field related to public utilities, environmental justice or environmental science.
Four members are appointed by the Mayor:
- one member who represents the PUC's regional water customers
- one member who represents a large San Francisco water user
- one City resident who has demonstrated knowledge of engineering or financial management (VACANT)
- one member who represents a regional or statewide environmental organization
Two members are appointed by the President of the Board of Supervisors:
- one member who represents a small business in San Francisco
- one member who represents an environmental justice organization
The CAC Chair appoints members to one of three subcommittees:
Meeting Dates of the CAC:
Full CAC meetings will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, 5:30 - 7:00 P.M., 525 Golden Gate Ave., 3rd Floor Tuolumne Conference Room (NOTE NEW LOCATION) unless otherwise noted. Meetings are open to the public and are subject to quorum.
Find current vacancies on the CAC and read the biographies of CAC members here.
If you are interested in applying for one of the vacancies on the CAC, please fill out and return this application to Jessica Buendia (contact information below) and she will forward this to the CAC Chair.
For additional information about the CAC or to be added to the email notification list for meeting materials, please contact Ryan Iwata at (415) 554-3404 or email CAC@sfwater.org.