- SFPUC Communications and Public Outreach: WSIP Receives Industry Award for Exceptional Performance in Safety
- SFPUC Press Release: Mayor Lee and SFPUC Celebrate Last San Francisco Project of the WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM TO BREAK GROUND
- Tunnels & Tunnelling - September 2012: Breaking Through While Building New
- ENR California - July 30, 2012: Tunneling to Bring New Water Line to Bay Area
- CE News - July 2012: San Francisco Public Utilities Commission undertakes major water system upgrades in the Sunol Valley.
- SFPUC Press Release: Contracts Awarded for Seismic Upgrade of Regional Water Pipelines at Vulnerable Hayward Fault Crossing
Award is among the final construction contracts for the $4.6B Regional Water System Improvement Program
- NIT’s Road Header Rendezvous
After 13 months of digging the New Irvington Tunnel from four separate tunnel headings, miners from two of the headings met up with each other underground today. Called a ‘hole-through’ in tunneling terminology, the road header teams from the Irvington Portal in Fremont and the Vargas Shaft 4,500 feet away shook hands somewhere under the mountainside and formally completed this section of tunnel excavation. The New Irvington Tunnel, a critical component of the Hetch Hetchy Regional Water System, will stretch 3.5 miles (18,660-feet) from the Sunol Valley to Fremont, California when it is complete.
- Press Release: Crystal Springs Road Closure to begin June 11, 2012
- WSIP Completed Projects Update Q3 FY2011-12
- April 27, 2012: SFPUC BAY TUNNEL PROJECT: Catch up on what’s happening with the first tunnel under San Francisco Bay.
- ABC-7 News: First-of-its-kind tunnel being mined under SF Bay, 4/27/12
- Mayor Ed Lee - Press Event for Seismic Upgrades of Hetch Hetchy Water System. April 17, 2012
Last updated: 10/12/2012 2:18:07 PM