Clothes washers account for more than 20% of indoor water use. Running a conventional washing machine, which can use more than 50 gallons of water per cycle, can add up to more than 16,000 gallons a year on laundry alone.
- The property where the clothes washer is installed must have a service address and an active water service account.
- You are a customer of Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) with active meters serviced by PG&E (Effective January 1, 2014).
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family (i.e. apartment buildings) account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) where you pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- The property where the clothes washer is installed has not received a washer rebate from us in the past 5 years (unless more than one clothes washer is installed). Please verify before purchasing.
- The clothes washer purchased does not contain silver ion technology.
Program Rules for Purchasing a Single-Family Residential Clothes Washer
Effective January 1, 2008, our residential clothes washer rebate program has changed. We and PG&E together are offering a streamlined rebate process to customers who purchase high-efficiency clothes washers. Applicants can receive a combined water and energy rebate for the purchase of a qualifying clothes washer.
Note: Program applies to rebate applications for residential clothes washer purchases between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014. Program does not apply to our multi-family account holders purchasing high-efficiency clothes washing machines for common-area laundry. Funding is limited and rebates are available on a first come, first served basis. Clothes washers must be installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of purchase date. We reserve the right to inspect the installations.
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 3 models qualify for a water agency rebate of up to $50. CEE Tier 1 or 2 are not eligible for any incentives.
- Energy Star Most Efficient (ESME) models qualify for a combined rebate of up to $200.
- Visit http://www.waterenergysavings.com to view residential clothes washer rebate program rules, to apply on-line, obtain an application form, or a current list of qualifying models and their rebate amounts.
For more information on this program, please call PG&E’s Smarter Energy Line at (800) 933-9555, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. or visit the initiative Web site at http://www.waterenergysavings.com