With toilets accounting for about one-third of indoor water use, replacing older, high water use toilets with high-efficiency models is one of the best ways to save water and money. Upgrading to a high-efficiency toilet (HET) can reduce your total indoor water use by roughly 16%. That's an annual water savings of 20,000 gallons per year for a family of four!
San Francisco single and multi-family residents are eligible for cash rebates of up to $125 per tank style toilet and up to $500 per flushometer valve toilet when they replace their high-flow toilets, 3.5 gallons per flush (gpf) or more, with HET models that are 1.28 gpf or less.
High-Efficiency Toilets (HET) are defined as fixtures that flush at 20 percent below the 1.6 gpf U.S. maximum or less, equating to a maximum of 1.28 gpf. The HET category includes dual-flush toilets which have two separate flush volume options. High-efficiency toilets are now the standard.
- The property where the toilet is installed must have a service address with us.
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) and pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- You are replacing a toilet flushing at 3.5 gpf or more with an approved 1.28 gpf toilet. We do not provide rebates for 1.6 gpf toilets.
- You have scheduled a pre-purchase inspection for any site where 10 or more toilets are being replaced, have previously received toilet replacement incentives or are planning on remodeling entire building.
- You have installed an HET from the program's qualifying list. All qualifying fixtures must be third party tested.
To Apply - FILLABLE REBATE PACKAGE BELOW
Complete our Residential HET Rebate Package application, tracking sheet, W-9 and return with original itemized receipts that indicate cost of toilet(s) to the mailing address listed on the form. An on-site inspection may be required to receive approval. If you apply for more than one rebate in a calendar year, you must use the same name and address on each rebate application and this information must match your W-9.
Funding is limited and rebates are available on a first come, first served basis. Toilets must be installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date. We reserve the right to inspect the installations. It generally takes up to 12 weeks for processing after all applicant requirements have been met.
For questions or guidance on rebate application procedures, call (415) 551-4730 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.