Large landscapes can use an extensive amount of water for irrigation. The SFPUC is committed to improving and maintaining outdoor spaces in the City in a resource-efficient manner. Through the following programs your site could receive free technical assistance to evaluate the efficiency of your system and financial incentives for implementing water-saving improvements.
Landscape Technical Assistance Program
Through our Landscape Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), the SFPUC can help retail water users with a half-acre or more of landscape area identify water saving opportunities that can improve irrigation efficiency, reduce water use, and save money. By participating in LTAP, your site will receive a site evaluation conducted by our expert landscape architect and irrigation designer, as well as a customized site report including:
- Summary of existing irrigation system conditions and assessment of landscape plantings
- Suggestions for replacing high water use plants with alternative low water use species
- Prioritized recommendations that improve irrigation efficiency and plant health
- Estimate of potential annual water and cost savings
- Cost estimate for implementing recommendations
- Site-specific water budget
To receive an LTAP evaluation for your site, please complete the following application and email to email@example.com.
Large Landscape Grant Program
Through the Large Landscape Grant Program, the SFPUC periodically offers grants to retail water service customers with 2.5 acres or more of irrigated landscape and who can implement a water-saving project. If you would like to be notified regarding the upcoming grant round, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2016-2017 LLGP Guidelines and Application (coming soon)