Large landscapes can use an extensive amount of water for irrigation. The SFPUC is committed to improving and maintaining outdoor spaces in the City in a resource-efficient manner. Through the following programs your site could receive free technical assistance to evaluate the efficiency of your system and financial incentives for implementing water-saving improvements and increasing your landscape's water efficiency.
Landscape Technical Assistance Program
Through our Landscape Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), the SFPUC can help retail water users with a half-acre or more of landscape area identify water saving opportunities that can improve irrigation efficiency, reduce water use, and save money. By participating in LTAP, your site will receive a site evaluation conducted by our expert landscape architect and irrigation designer, as well as a customized site report including:
- Summary of existing irrigation system operating conditions and assessment of landscape plantings
- Recommend landscape planting modifications for replacing high water use plants with alternative low water use species
- Prioritized recommendations that improve irrigation efficiency and plant health
- Estimate of potential annual water and cost savings
- Cost estimate for implementing recommendations
- Site-specific water budget and maintenance guide
To receive an LTAP evaluation for your site, please complete the following application and email to email@example.com.
Large Landscape Grant Program
The application cycle for the 2016-2017 Large Landscape Grant Program is now closed. For questions about the LLGP process or to be notified for our next grant cycle, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.